Monday, April 25, 2016

One More Chance for a Race in April

As far as my running in races in April is concerned, it's been a complete washout so far, with me missing a 5K, 10K, and two half-marathons.  Not that I would have run in all of them, but I thought I would probably at least get around to one or another.  The three main reasons I missed them are my occasional right foot pain, stormy weather at racetime, and...this past weekend...me getting sick.  Well, before I completely write off this month, I checked out whether there were any Gainesville-area races coming up this Saturday, the 30th.  I was pleased to discover a 5K race being held at Boulware Springs Park in southeast Gainesville, most likely utilizing the Hawthorne Trail as a race course.  It is called the EHS STAR Autism Research 5K...the title's acronym is "Eastside High School Students Together for Autism Research".  I'm still recuperating from this viral attack, but should be sufficiently recovered and "back on track" by then to run in it.  Which I'm inclined to do, as long as I pass my annual medical tests this coming Wednesday, that is...