Saturday, April 30, 2016

My April 2016 Running Report

April saw me with some health issues, especially toward the close of the month.  I missed running on the final eight days while trying to recover from a nasty, nagging upper-respiratory illness, while during the remainder of the days I was babying my right foot, which had been causing sporadic pain.  Not exactly my optimum running month!  I had numerous racing opportunities, but passed on all of them. For the entire month, I ran a total of 109 miles...

Above everything, I want to get my health back in order.  I did pass my annual cardiovascular medical tests this past Wednesday, so in that regard I have a green light to proceed with my running.  But I do want to change the setting and emphasis of my running to pleasant outdoor jogging over interesting courses instead of feeling that I have to crank out impressive numbers or participate in public races in order to justify myself.  So maybe I won't be running for very long distances in the near future as I make this change...