Thursday, March 31, 2016

My March 2016 Running Report

This past month I ran a total of 133 miles, with my longest single run being for the 6.2 miles I ran on March 12 in the Run for Haven 10K held in Tioga, a short distance west of Gainesville.  I felt good in that race, although I deliberately kept the pace slow.  Unfortunately, my right foot has been giving me trouble this month and I had to lay off the running for the following five days.  Since then I've gradually built my running back up...I ended up running on a total of 25 days in March.  As for that Run for Haven event, I had an issue with the timers there and had sent an e-mail to them...getting a prompt acknowledgement of my request and a return request for my patience with its processing.  Since then I've heard nothing from them...I sometimes wonder, with these not-for-profit events that emphasize the altruistic motivations behind them, whether the organizers truly feel accountable toward those, like me, who paid the entry fee and expect a certain standard of quality from them.  I am not at all satisfied with the attitude I'm getting here.  Needless to say, as of this writing I have no intention of ever participating in any future Run for Haven race...

In April there will be numerous opportunities for me to run in local races should I decide to do so.  April 2 has a 5K run in a wooded park off Waldo Road.  On April 9 there is a 5K/10K event that is supposed to help Syrian refugees.  And on the 16th and 24th there will be half-marathons held in the general area.  Whether or not I run in any or all of them depends largely on how well I feel I've recovered from my foot pain...