The two books that I am currently reading are both pretty lengthy: Don Quixote by Don Miguel de Cervantes and Two-Handed Engine by Henry Kuttner and C.L. (Catherine Lucille) Moore. You've most likely heard of the former, with the delusional self-proclaimed knight engaging in combat against windmills while his simple "squire" Sancho Panza suffers along, with his own delusions to deal with. But there is much, much more to this book, which reads more like a modern novel than the early 17th century composition that it was. I'm approaching the halfway point...when I'm finished I will no doubt write a review...
The other book, Two-Handed Engine, spans the science fiction and fantasy short story writing career of the husband-wife writing team Henry Kuttner and C.L. Moore, with their collaborations usually accredited to pseudonyms like Lewis Padgett and Lawrence O'Donnell. I've already read some of their stories, which I picked up from other sci-fi anthologies. Since this book I have now is more than 900 pages in length, with 37 stories, I'm bound to be at it for a while. Maybe instead of waiting until I've finished the entire book before reviewing it, I'll instead write my reactions for each group of three or four stories I've just read as I go along. I'm deeply looking forward to this reading experience, for Kuttner/Moore already are the authors of my all-time favorite science fiction story: Mimsy Were the Borogoves, which is also in this book...