If you're a Floridian who supports your National Football Team based on where you live, today has to be something special: all three in-state teams won their games today. Tampa Bay beat Dallas 10-6, Jacksonville beat Baltimore 22-20, and Miami beat Philadelphia 20-19. Not exactly blowouts, any of them...but I'll take the victories these days any way I can. Consider the last five seasons...
Including this ongoing 2015 regular season, here are the regular season win-loss records for the three Florida NFL teams:
TAMPA BAY
2011 4-12
2012 7-9
2013 4-12
2014 2-14
2015 4-5
TOTAL: 21-52
JACKSONVILLE
2011 5-11
2012 2-14
2013 4-12
2014 3-13
2015 3-6
TOTAL: 17-56
MIAMI
2011 6-10
2012 7-9
2013 8-8
2014 8-8
2015 4-5
TOTAL: 33-40
Note from the above that, in the last five years, NONE of the Florida teams have enjoyed a winning season. Sure, the Dolphins finished at .500 in 2013 and 2014, but they choked at the end of each season when they were in a good position to make the playoffs. Will any of them have a winning season this year? I rather doubt it. But it was still sweet to see them all manage to win today...