Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Books I'm Currently Reading

Right now I'm in the process of reading three different books...and each one is part of a series.  I'm about three fourths of the way through Stephen King's latest novel Finders Keepers, which is book #2 in his ongoing trilogy...Mr. Mercedes was the first one.  I'm liking the second book more, which introduces new characters and a new story while integrating them with the heroes of the previous book...and has hinted at what the third and final book may entail.  I'm also a little more than halfway past A Memory of Light, the final, fourteenth book in the Wheel of Time fantasy saga by Robert Jordan, with Brandon Sanderson writing out this volume (as well as the previous two) following the original author's untimely death (not that deaths are ever "timely" in nature).  Naturally, as you might expect at this stage of the game, the events are leading toward a crescendo with the forces of light and darkness facing off on many different fronts.  And the third book I'm reading is Isaac Asimov's Foundation, the first of seven books in his science fiction Foundation series.  He wrote the first three in the 1950s and then waited nearly thirty years before producing the last two...and then tacked on two prequel novels.  I've just begun my rereading of Foundation...

I also plan to read mystery writer Sue Grafton's "P" is for Peril after finishing A Memory of Light.  So I have plenty of reading to occupy myself with for a while...