Hillary Clinton has now declared herself to be a candidate for the Presidency in 2016, joining Jeb Bush and the minor league field of Republican hopefuls. The Democrats no doubt would love to see someone like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul get the GOP nomination as it would be little of a contest, regardless how you might feel about these candidates. Marco Rubio has also stated that he is running, and his candidacy should be seen as a bit more problematic. He is just as ideologically on the extreme right as Cruz or Paul, but he is a soft-spoken and skillful speaker who presents himself as a reasonable leader...much in the same way that Barack Obama did in 2007 when he launched his improbably successful presidential bid. H-m-m, I don't plan to vote for Rubio, but he is, at least at this stage, a big threat to Bush in the upcoming primary campaign season. And about Wisconsin's governor Scott Walker, I don't see him getting very far in the campaign other than maybe being selected as a vice-presidential running mate...but that might just be due to the fact that of all candidates so far (although I'm not sure he's officially declared himself yet), he repels me the most...
I won't equivocate...I'm a Democrat and I plan to vote for Clinton for President. But should Jeb Bush manage to get himself elected in 2016, I won't grieve too much...he was quite an able governor of Florida during his two terms from 1999 to 2007 and is well superior to the rest of the Republican field. But to each his or her own, I suppose, and it is not for me to tell you or anyone else which candidate or party to support...