Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Personal December 2014 Running Report

In December I continued with more extensive running, amassing a total for the month of 315 miles.  My longest single run was the 13.1 miles I covered in the Starlight Half-Marathon in Palm Coast on the evening of December 20...half of it in total darkness (only aided by a flashlight).  Unlike the previous two months, I tended to be consistent from day to day with my daily running mileage, so my one-day high mileage, spread out over several runs, was only 14.4 miles.  I ran on every day of the month.

I feel that my endurance level has markedly improved over the past few months, and I had energy to spare at the end of the half-marathon race.  That's good news, for next month will be the time for the Ocala Half-Marathon on the 25th.  I'm not sure I'll be running in any other races in January, but I definitely want to return to the rolling hills south of Ocala's Paddock Mall for the third time in five years...