Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sticking With Treadmill Running for Now

My running has remained indoors and probably will be for some time to come.  I have gotten myself into the routine of stopping by my local gym (Gainesville Health and Fitness) in the evening before going in to work my late night/early morning graveyard shift.  Perhaps the treadmill running isn't quite the same thing as pounding the pavement around my neighborhood, but at least for the time being, I have a couple of reasons of my own as to why sticking to the indoor treadmill is a better choice.  I am glad to have a place like this to go to, as it is usually open 24x7 (with some schedule adjustments for some major holidays), the treadmills are in great abundance with some available even during the busiest times, and unlike the previous gym I frequented, there is no time limit for use.  A bonus to this is that I can watch television while I run...usually a sporting event, like baseball, is on one of the channels.  Also, I have noticed that I generally tend to feel better reporting for work after a good treadmill run an hour or two beforehand...