I was listening again on the radio to George Noory's Coast-to-Coast AM late, late night show...which probably isn't the healthiest thing in the world to do...when he had as his guest Linda Moulton Howe. Howe is a regular on the program and presents herself as an investigative reporter about topics in line with the show's themes: the paranormal, UFO's, conspiracies, etc. I'd characterize her approach as distinctively sensationalist and encourage anyone hearing her reports to take them with a grain of salt. The other night she was going on strong with a report about a hybrid breeding program that supposedly had been going on for decades between the U.S. government and reptilian aliens from Zeta Reticuli (somewhere out there in the great beyond). She interviewed a woman who claimed to see one of these human/alien hybrids, but apparently the government was covering up everything about the program because there was no record of the people she claimed to be involved in it. I've heard this sort of dumping on the U.S. government on this show before, whether the discussion was about UFO/alien contact disclosure, chem-trails, remote viewing, assassination conspiracy theories, secret societies, reverse engineering, strange disappearances, or whatever the guest of the night happened to be pushing as a topic (often with a book that he or she was touting). It seems to me that anyone can claim anything, no matter how ridiculous it is, insist that the government is involved in it, make up any details they want to, and then accuse the government of engaging in a cover-up when, surprise, there doesn't seem to be any record substantiating the claims or of the people supposedly involved. What would folks like George Noory and many of his guests (but not all of them, thankfully) do without our good ol' federal government to scapegoat? They'd maybe have to go into something more (shudder) honest ...
The truth, I'm sure, is that our government does keep secrets, some of which may be necessary for our national security and some of which are possibly just self-serving. I don't have a problem with legitimate journalists going out to gather specific information on improper government cover-ups. But what I often hear on Noory's show sounds like a lot of nonsense that is also self-serving for those who perpetuate it...