Friday, March 7, 2014

Dreary Skies, Too Much Rain Recently


I awoke this morning to another day of overcast skies...how many in a row has it been so far?  The forecasts have it finally clearing today, however.  At least now it is longer raining.  I can't recall anytime since I've been living here in Gainesville when the ground was so saturated with water.  I like for there to be some rain, but this season must be close to a record.  At my three-car house, we used to park a couple of vehicles side-by-side on the grassy lawn adjacent to the drive-way, but forget that now: it's two in the driveway and one on curbside.  No doubt were someone to attempt parking on the grass, the car would get hopelessly stuck.  Gainesville's streets and parking lots have a lot of standing water on them as well...and I'm noticing more fresh potholes appearing on some of our already neglected streets. 

Normally I like overcast skies, especially when I go out to run in my neighborhood.  But the slippery condition of the roads isn't something that I feel like contending with, especially while I am just recovering from a strained lower back.  I think I'll just stay indoors to do my running until things dry up a bit...