In another one of those massive goof-ups, the weather forecast for today, as I heard it this morning on the radio while driving home from work at 7:30, had one more "hot" day in store for us here in northern Florida (Gainesville) with temperatures climbing into the low 80's before conditions started to cool tonight...eventually making way for a pleasantly cold Christmas morning. But there's only one problem with that prediction: by the time I had walked out of my workplace, it had already chilled quite a bit. Now, at ten in the morning, I'm sitting here with the temperature at 57 degrees...and there is at present a "new" predicted high for today at 66 (I doubt we'll even reach that). So the forecast was way off because they didn't anticipate the cold front sweeping down that fast from the northwest. Not that I'm complaining, you see...
I love cool days in the winter with cold nights that don't quite get down to freezing. Plus, in Florida, when it gets that cold, conditions are usually very dry, as is the case for today and tomorrow. And that's what is happening now, and at just the right time: Christmas Eve and Christmas!
May all of you enjoy a merry, merry Christmas!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment