Today the playoff lineups will be decided for the National Football League 2013 season. I'm gratified to see that this year the Miami Dolphins are still in the running, favored to win their game against the New York Jets while at the same time needing either Baltimore to lose or San Diego to win. But regardless how the other teams do, I'll be proud of the Dolphins if they can win their final regular season game and earn their first winning season since 2008.
Elsewhere, other teams are vying for playoff spots as well. Dallas will play Philadelphia and Chicago will play Green Bay, with the winner of each game advancing into the playoffs. Also, New Orleans and Arizona find themselves needing successful outcomes in games today in order to secure for themselves a playoff spot. Other teams in both conferences are jostling around in the standings to see who wins their divisions, who will have first week byes, who gets home field advantage, and whether they will be division winners or simply wild card teams. So a lot is at stake here, not just for the teams trying to make it to the playoffs.
Although I'll be busy today doing other things, I'm looking forward to see how everything "plays" out, especially for Miami...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment