Monday, November 4, 2013

Belated Congratulations to Red Sox

I guess this may seem a little belated, but congratulations to the Boston Red Sox for winning their World Series against the St. Louis Cardinals, four games to two.  Although I had wanted other teams to have made it (like the Tampa Bay Rays and the Atlanta Braves), as it turned out the two teams that did get there put on a good, entertaining series.  Except for the first game, which was an 8-1 blowout in favor of the Red Sox, the games were close and exciting, mostly pitchers' duels with some batting heroics thrown in (I'm especially thinking about the phenomenal performance of David Ortiz).  No, during the regular season I rooted against both Boston and St. Louis.  But there's no point in following a World Series if you're against both teams, so I picked Boston...and won, in a manner of speaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment