I am continuing, at a relatively and typically (for me) subdued pace, to get to know my new Kindle e-reader. I have found, as I read on into Stephen King's latest novel Doctor Sleep, that reading an e-reader is much easier on my eyes...and somehow my mind. I can position it anywhere without, as is the case of a book, the pages either flapping around off, making me lose my spot in it or needing to bookmark it. Also, this model has a built-in light, so I have been liberated from ever depending on outside lighting. Besides Doctor Sleep, I recently purchased a Schaum's Outline Series Pre-Calculus Mathematics workbook on Kindle, something that I've been wanting to have conveniently at hand as I'd like to get my ever-aging brain back into a more mathematically-literate mode. As a matter of fact, it seems that just about every Schaum's Outline Series book has a Kindle counterpart. I plan to put some more of their mathematics guides on it, as well as some of their foreign language books.
But for now, I'm enjoying this fine new Stephen King novel, which I'm about halfway through reading. It will be fun to add more stuff to my little reader in the future...
Friday, October 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment