This afternoon, around 2:30 pm, I was driving my wife and daughter down I-75 back to Gainesville, in the northbound lane just north in the Micanopy exit (around mile marker 374). We suddenly came up a dazzling, severe outbreak of rain that lasted only a few seconds and then was gone. I don't remember ever having driven through anything like that before...it was as if we had driven beneath a waterfall. For the brief time that we were under this rush of falling water, it was nearly impossible to see the road in front of us. After we came out from under it, my wife told me that she just saw a car wrapped around a tree off the road and that there seemed to be an accident back there involving a semi truck. Wow.
After getting back home, I checked the computer and got this story. It mentioned nothing, though, about the bizarre weather that may well have contributed to this accident (although the "precipitating" event seems to have been a tire blowout). I'll see what I can do to follow up on it. I'm just glad that we were able to miss whatever had happened to the involved vehicles, and wish the passengers on them to be unharmed and safe. Also, I'm glad that I managed to just get through the area before it became hopelessly backed up, especially when two trucks collided further back...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment