Friday, October 11, 2013
Hotel Room Ramblings
Here I am late at night, sitting in a Hollywood, Florida hotel room watching the Los Angeles Dodgers play the St. Louis Cardinals in the first of their series to decide who gets to go to this year's World Series. I really don't care who wins...I rooted for each team to lose its previous series. Still, this is a good, close game (2-2 in the 7th inning). I think I'm finding myself slightly leaning toward the Dodgers, but I can't figure out why. About an hour ago I finished up my four-mile treadmill run in this hotel's exercise room (one treadmill, one elliptical...that's it). Oh, and from time to time the lights would go out for a second, right in the middle of my run. Fortunately, there was a TV on in the room, which would provide a little light during the blackouts. I guess I'll repeat this tonight, since I'm planning to stay here until Sunday. My hotel is way out west, smack dab in the middle of what should be Everglades swampland and dominated by water, sawgrass, and alligators. Instead, there's an Interstate and heavy development running through this thoroughly drained out area. I don't know how they are capable of swinging this: aren't we supposed to be conserving our wetlands? I guess the answer is yes, as long as it doesn't conflict with the almighty dollar! And when isn't that really the case?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment