I find myself in the rare condition of being optimistic about the Miami Dolphins and their prospects this 2013 season. They have played only two games, to be sure...but their performance in both showed much improvement over the last few years. Their quarterback Ryan Tannehill has poise under pressure and delivers accurate strikes, often for long yardage. The offensive line seems to be protecting him pretty well so far, although their first opponents Cleveland and Indianapolis may not have the kind of defenses that would put it to a serious test yet. I am VERY impressed by the Dolphin defense as well, especially their secondary. They were able to contain the Colts' talented Andrew Luck in yesterday's 24-20 win enough to keep Miami in the game. Also, I happened to look at the stats sheet for this game and was stunned to discover that Miami wasn't penalized at all the entire game! This level of team discipline strongly reminds me of the great Don Shula era.
Just two games, I know, isn't enough to accurately predict how a team will end up at the end of the year. But 2-0 is better than 0-2, something that I had been having to endure too much lately with Miami in recent years. I don't know whether or not they'll end up making the playoffs, but I do know one thing: this team is fun to watch and follow! And isn't that what any fan of any team should feel entitled to?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment