Sunday, September 15, 2013
Delayed Seasonal Cooling Hampers Outdoor Running
As the weather very, very slightly begins to moderate its extreme summer temperatures, I am stepping out more and running outside around my neighborhood. It is still very unpleasant in mid-afternoon: yesterday I put in three miles of outdoor running in 91 degrees of heat, although the humidity was relatively low at 46%. As the month progresses, I plan to add more mileage to these outdoor runs. But this naturally depends on the weather cooperating with me by seasonally cooling at least a little bit. I had been hoping to participate in a local half-marathon race on September 28, but with less than two weeks left before it takes place I don't see, barring an unexpected dramatic climate change around here, how I would be able to handle the conditions. We'll just have to wait and see. In any event, there is another half-marathon scheduled for Gainesville on November 16: if the weather hasn't cooled appreciably by then, well...perhaps it might be time to move to Alaska...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment