I just saw a weather alert for northeastern Florida and southeastern Georgia, and I'm not surprised. It was to warn people of excessive heat. No kidding. I had just been to my local gym (Gainesville Health and Fitness Center) and run 6.2 miles on the treadmill without any problem in the air-conditioned environment there. But after the run, when I stepped out of the place to walk the few yards outside to my car, I thought this heat is almost unbearable, just being out in it for a couple of minutes. I managed to get the car slightly cooled down on the drive home, but once again, after I parked and got out to walk the few feet to my front door, the heat was hard to withstand. The temperatures are in the mid to upper 90's but the heat index has it around 104-105 degrees.
It has been a while since I have run any appreciable distance outside, on the road like I used to so much in the past. The night is awful, too. When I drove to work at a little past ten last night, the temperature was 82...and the humidity was stifling. When I went out of my workplace building on my lunch break at 5 AM, it felt like a blanket covering everything outside, the air felt so heavy. Yuck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment