Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Convention Center Enormous, Want to Run in It
The above (regrettably) slightly blurry photograph is of a very small section of just one of the buildings in the Orange County Convention Center, located on the southwestern outskirts of Orlando, Florida along International Drive. I was there at a convention earlier this month with Melissa. We stayed at the Embassy Suites, just a mile walking distance up the road. The hotel was large, but this convention center astonished me by its enormity. I mean, I could design my own marathon course within its confines running on the comfortable carpeting up and down miles of seemingly endless hallways while running the inner perimeters of the humongous rooms that they access. And all of this would take place in very comfortable air conditioning! Of course, this is just a fantasy...I'd have to get rid of all those pesky people first and then have this property all to myself in order to run any distance there. But it is still appealing when I consider how utterly unpleasant outdoor running is during this staggeringly hot summer in Florida...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment