With the close of April comes a personal milestone in my running, albeit one that I probably won't be repeating. I have now gone an entire year...365 days...of daily running, with no gaps. It's an accomplishment, to be sure, but then again I'm not sure that continuing this is in my best interests. After all, the body sometimes needs a chance to recover from the stress of workouts. So starting in May, I plan to go back to having rest days from my running. To compensate for that, I may be trying out running for longer distances at a time. This past month has seen my runs cap at a relatively low distance for me, the longest run being for a mere 5.5 miles. My total mileage for April was 120.69 miles, continuing a deliberate decline as the Florida weather heats up in the spring. On many days I ran twice, one usually around my neighborhood and the other later on at the gym on the treadmill.
I'm thinking of taking off a week or two from running, as I have developed some aches in my right foot. Maybe I'll replace running during that period with another activity like swimming or biking. Or maybe I'll just give the whole body a little break time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment