The National Football League divisional playoffs are finished, so now we are left with the conference championship games to be decided next Sunday. And then the winners will go on to the Super Bowl to determine the champion for this year. I have had mixed results regarding my preferences (not necessarily the best teams) and their "survival". This weekend saw me go 2-2 with the games: Green Bay sadly lost out to San Francisco and Houston (which I don't like anyway) fell to my nemesis New England (I'm a Miami Dolphins fan, understand). On the plus side, though, the two teams I liked the most, Atlanta and Baltimore, won their games against Seattle and Denver, respectively (although the emotional theatrics demonstrated by the Ravens' soon-to-retire linebacker Ray Lewis were embarrassing, to put it diplomatically). Oh by the way, you Denver fans...
I am still beside myself about the horrible way that the Denver Bronco management, in particular John Elway, treated Tim Tebow after he heroically lead his team from last place to division champion and a spot in the playoffs they had been missing out on for years. Then to top it off, he led his team to a win against the then-defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers in the first round. They lost in the division playoff round the next week. And now we come to this year and Tebow's replacement, "Mister Perfect" Peyton Manning, who was supposed to be their certain ticket to the Super Bowl. But guess what? They didn't advance any further in the playoffs then Tebow's team and are now OUT!!! Whoopee! I hope they NEVER make it to the Super Bowl after the way they treated ol' Timmy...
For the remaining teams, here are my personal preferences:
1-Baltimore Ravens
2-Atlanta Falcons
3-San Francisco 49ers
4-New England Patriots
But it won't exactly hurt my feeling if "my" teams lose and those pesky Pats win it all. After all, at least they had the decency to avoid going undefeated this year...