In January, my running mileage continued to mount as I continued to run both mornings and nights. Also, each run tended to be for longer distances. This was supposed to be the one month of the year that I could count on for pleasant, cool and cry conditions outdoors. Instead, it was usually hot and humid. Nevertheless, I plodded on and even did the Ocala Half-Marathon on the 20th, with an unanticipated fast (for me) time of 1:55:20. Considering that I hadn't run a half-marathon in over a year, not to mention the very hilly course located primarily just south of Ocala, I was surprised how well this race went for me. But for the past several days of the month, I have been suffering from upper respiratory tract woes and the running has dwindled. Still...
I still managed to top 200 miles, with a total of 200.72 for January. Also, I ran on every day, bringing my running streak to 276 consecutive days. But this streak may not last very far into this month unless the health concern I just mentioned doesn't clear up. My longest run was, naturally, the 13.1 mile half-marathon.
I don't see myself in February running as much as I did in January. Still, once I've recovered I hope to resume "running" up the mileage and at least adhere to my original 100-miles-per-month strategy...