I am sitting here on a dreary, cool morning here at the Magnolia Parke Starbucks writing this, from my preferred seat at the long, narrow counter facing the parking lot window. My routine, which used to entail early morning visits here to write and study, changed a few months ago. Then it was relatively easy to find a seat. Now, though, I usually stop by (and much less often) in the early afternoon and as often as not can't find anywhere to sit, with all of the coffee-shop-squatters and their laptops/notebooks dug in by that time. So instead I've become a regular customer at Donut Connection just down the road and never have a seating problem there. Their brewed coffee is just as good (I tend to stay away from the espresso bar concoctions anyway) and their sweets put Starbucks to shame. Still, today the opportunity presented itself for me to get down here a little earlier and...lo and behold, my "spot" was available!
I love this weather, as long as it doesn't rain, that is. This, to me, is prime running weather, so maybe I'll just climb down from this high chair and get ready for a nice jaunt around the neighborhood...
****
Three hours later...
I went out running like I said I would, only the dryness had changed to a light drizzle. Still, it was a very pleasant four mile run...