Thursday, November 22, 2012

Ran 10K Turkey Trot in Gainesville

This morning I ran the 10K Turkey Trot running race at Tacachale here in Gainesville.  Tacachale, formerly known as Sunland Training Center, is a spacious residential center for the disabled.  It is also gated, meaning that although the course I ran there today is wonderful, it is off-limits to me for training runs.  Still, I enjoyed this race, which I ran at my usual pace, finishing at 53:10.  The starting temperature was about 45 degrees with 80% humidity.  

Well, enjoying it may not have exactly been the appropriate word.  I actually felt pretty tired and out of sorts before the race, wondering to myself at the time why I was putting myself through such torture.  But the race itself came off pretty well...

I may not be in such a big hurry to enter any more races anytime soon.  I think it's a personality thing.  I by nature am a solitary runner and relish it that way.  I also don't feel that I have to prove anything to anyone.  I couldn't care less whether anyone thinks that I am a fast runner or not.  Plus, I don't care to spend $25-35 each race in entry fees, basically in order to do something that I could just as easily accomplish by stepping out of my front door and running down my neighborhood streets...