Saturday, October 13, 2012

2012 MLB League Championship Pairings Set

The Major League Baseball playoffs have now whittled the pool of contenders to four teams, and finally we're going to have some best-of-seven series. And lo and behold, the two teams I was rooting for the most in the last round, the New York Yankees in the American League, and the San Francisco Giants in the National, made it to this round.  The Yankees will face Detroit and the Giants the St. Louis Cardinals, by now almost universally recognized as the "cardiac kids" of baseball with their amazing "two-outs and two-strikes in the ninth" heroic comebacks. 

I sure do wish New York can make it to the World Series but I am a bit dismayed that right now their only consistently good starting pitcher is CC Sabathia.  They will need to do better than that to get past the Tigers, whose ace starter Justin Verlander is nearly unhittable...

The only potential World Series pairing that I wouldn't find terribly interesting would be Detroit and San Francisco.  But at this point, it looks more as if the Yankees and Cardinals will be facing off instead.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment