Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Pre-Dawn Run in Hollywood

This morning in Hollywood I decided to run, but did not want to wait until weather conditions became intolerable.  After all, I don't have indoor, air-conditioned treadmill access down here.  Instead, I got up just before sunrise and ran a 2.7 mile course around my childhood neighborhood.  Unlike with the case of the last time I attempted this down here, I had no adverse physical reactions from the temperature coupled with high humidity.  This morning my running conditions were: temperature 79, humidity 89%.  I plan to do the same tomorrow.

As a curious sideline to my run, I noticed at this predawn time, as it gradually began to lighten around me, the somewhat hilarious sounds of roosters crowing every few houses I passed.  I mean, there are A LOT of roosters in my old subdivision.  Apparently, people around here in this suburban south Florida neighborhood like to raise chickens, perhaps due to its now more culturally diverse nature (as opposed to back in the 1960's and 70's when I lived here).  That's all well and fine with me, although some of the roosters sounded like they were strangling....

No comments:

Post a Comment