Thursday, May 3, 2012

The New Look Sprout Late Night

It's been a while since I checked in on my "last resort" channel on late night television: Sprout.  And it isn't because of the wonderful selection of programming available at that time to choose from, either.  Actually, TV pretty much sucks like crazy when I plop down in my living room recliner after a hard day of work, expecting SOMETHING interesting on the air.  Sometimes, as has been the case lately, there is interesting sports programming (like the current NBA playoffs).  A good movie may be showing as well.  I also like to watch South Park, although truth be told, I can get my fill of that series from my computer.  Other than that, though, late night television is a vast wasteland of mediocrity.  So why haven't I been turning to Sprout all this time?  Simply because I am usually so tired around midnight that I pass out unconscious in my chair. So back to Sprout...

Sprout, as I reported in this article a while back, is a cable channel put out by Public Broadcasting that is targeted at little children and features cartoons like Kipper (my favorite), Berenstain Bears, and Thomas the Tank Engine.  I had come to enjoy watching Nina (a young lady) and Star (a stuffed talking star puppet resembling a pillow) between the cartoons with their cute, sweet, and gentle banter.  The other night I tuned in to Sprout to see more of the same.  But wait, Star had changed his appearance.  And although Nina was the same, the way their segment was filmed was very different, and more to my liking.  So, no, I don't like the new Star, but I do like the overall new presentation.  And given the poor quality of television, it looks as if I'm going to be seeing more of Nina and Star...

No comments:

Post a Comment