I just got off from work and am sitting in the Archer Road Starbucks, which claims to be always open until midnight. But tonight, my experience there is a little less than desirable. For one, they have all of their stock in ugly stacks of boxes right in the middle of the store, spoiling the ambiance from the get-go when I walked into the joint. Second, the only available seat puts me in a back corner. Right across from me are two very, very loud Spanish-speaking men who apparently think that talking so loud that everyone in the room can hear them plainly is a sign of manhood. Then there is the bathroom. I started back there, but a female employee raced past me and went inside to clean it. Everything here just seems a little out of sorts. Annoying. Irritating.
The University of Florida graduation ceremony is tomorrow for most of the colleges. After that, the student population should thin out a bit. Perhaps, just perhaps, I may find myself with better seating choices here than tonight. Assuming, or course, that the worker who told me this Starbucks is ALWAYS open late was truthful. But even so, I may just need to carry some really heavy duty earplugs to muffle the unwelcome sound of these blabbermouths if they return and decide to bestow their decibels on everyone else...
Friday, May 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment