I'm sitting here watching my TV, looking at channel #106, which is my local weather station (not The Weather Channel, of dubious worth much of the time) and viewing my local forecast for the upcoming week, featuring temperatures surging into the 90's and no rain. And that old yearning to go swimming has started to come back over me.
Last year I was working on improving my swimming form with the backstroke, crawl, and breaststroke. I was especially motivated with the latter two. as I found that I had the unfortunate tendency to quickly build up an oxygen debt due in inefficient breathing techniques. So, I have decided to concentrate on bettering my form with these strokes and not push the idea of accumulating laps, like I have done in the past.
I wonder what would be the best time to try to get out to my nearby YMCA pool...there's that annoying water aerobics class at 9 AM, and when the public schools let out in a few weeks I probably won't enjoy going out there in the late mornings. Afternoon/early evening is out of the question, since I have a job to go to at that time. I suppose I could go out there around 8-9 AM, but I like to use that time to study at one of my favorite local coffee hangouts. H-m-m, only one solution I see to getting out to that pool...
I need to get out there when it opens around 6 AM. I live close enough to the YMCA (one mile away) to quickly go there, practice swimming for about a half hour, and then return home in time to engage in my routine of early morning family interaction and transportation. But getting up that early, well, that's going to be quite a challenge for me...
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment