Monday, April 16, 2012

List Madness: I Rank the James Bond Movies

Before any arguments ensue, let me take a page from the late Richard Milhaus Nixon's repertoire and "make one thing perfectly clear": this rankings list is solely based on my relative enjoyment of the James Bond movies.  For example, I have heard good things about On Her Majesty's Secret Service with its one-time Bond portrayer George Lazenby, but I personally thought this Bond was completely off-character.  And some others have blasted the two movies featuring Timothy Dalton as Bond, especially License to Kill.  But once again I'm going by my own preferences and I thought Dalton was a great James Bond.  To each his own, I suppose.  Anyway, here is my list.  Following each movie title (and year) I have the actor playing James Bond in abbreviations: Sean Connery [SC], George Lazenby [GL], Roger Moore [RM], Timothy Dalton [TD], Pierce Brosnan [PB], and Daniel Craig [DC].

1-Goldeneye, 1995 [PB]
2-Casino Royale, 2006 [DC]
3-You Only Live Twice, 1967 [SC]
4-License to Kill, 1989 [TD]
5-Doctor No, 1962 [SC]
6-For Your Eyes Only, 1981 [RM]
7-Thunderball, 1965 [SC]
8-Die Another Day, 2002 [PB]
9-Diamonds Are Forever, 1971 [SC]
10-Goldfinger, 1964 [SC]
11-The Living Daylights, 1987 [TD]
12-The Spy Who Loved Me, 1977 [RM]
13-From Russia With Love, 1963 [SC]
14-Live and Let Die, 1973 [RM]
15-Moonraker, 1979 [RM]
16-Octopussy, 1983 [RM]
17-Tomorrow Never Dies, 1997 [PB]
18-A View to a Kill, 1985 [RM]
19-The Quantum of Solace, 2008 [DC]
20-The World is Not Enough, 1999 [PB]
21-The Man With the Golden Gun, 1974 [RM]
22-On Her Majesty's Secret Service, 1969 [GL]
23-Never Say Never Again, 1983 [SC]

I understand a new Daniel Craig Bond movie is coming out this year.  Let's hope that it returns to the level of Casino Royale...

No comments:

Post a Comment