Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crummy Campaign Makes Me Want to Skip TV News

I may have to just skip watching the news on TV altogether until after Election Day this November.  It is so, so tedious listening to candidates, their hired spin doctors, and the hack media “pundits” laying out the political manure thicker and ever thicker, until the stench is unbearable.  So until it’s over, I say goodbye to CNN, HLN, FoxNews, MSNBC, and the “old three” ABC-CBS-NBC.  Besides, I can get my news easily from the newspaper and the Internet.  After all, it’s going to be bad enough having to put up with the increasingly nasty mudslinging political ads for the next six and a half months…

There, that felt better just writing it out!

P.S. I still think that Newt Gingrich would have made a better Republican nominee than Mitt Romney.  For one, nobody, regardless of how conservative or liberal their political sentiments are, has the faintest clue as to what Mitt Romney would do were he elected as president (except possibly Mitt Romney, but then I’m not even sure about that).  With Gingrich, though, you can get a pretty good idea about his agenda.  Plus, Newt has some charisma going for him, something totally absent in the presumptive nominee.  And speaking of Gingrich, the landing of the space shuttle Discovery, riding piggyback on a large aircraft, at Washington D.C. earlier today reminded me how much the former Speaker of the House supported our space exploration efforts.  Neither Obama nor Romney seems to have the slightest interest or vision for the space program, sorry to say…

No comments:

Post a Comment