Thursday, March 29, 2012

Viral Attack Nixes March Running Goal


It doesn’t look as if I will be attaining my monthly running goal of 100 miles in March.  I had been keeping pace with that goal, but Tuesday afternoon a severe respiratory virus hit me hard and I have been sidelined.  Maybe I’ll be able to resume running by Saturday, but that won’t be enough to make up the difference.

I’ve had my share of seasonal allergies and sinus infections in recent years, but I have usually successfully avoided colds, the flu, and any nasty virus in between.  But not this week, unfortunately.  Usually, I can function through the sinus infections and allergies.  But a virus can completely shut me down, which by Wednesday was exactly what happened.  Today seems a little better, though, and I foresee further improvement tomorrow.   But when I was in the worst part of it yesterday, I couldn’t imagine ever recovering, it felt so bad…

No comments:

Post a Comment