Monday, March 19, 2012

Peyton to Join Denver Broncos

Today it has been revealed that much-sought-after veteran NFL quarterback Peyton Manning, after a relatively short period of “shopping around” the league for a team of his preference, has decided to sign with the Denver Broncos. It is interesting, at least to me, that John Elway, the team’s executive vice-president and a celebrated Bronco Super Bowl-winning Hall of Fame quarterback in his own right, was the chief force bringing in Manning. After all, when Elway was first drafted into the league in 1983, it was by the (then Baltimore) Colts, the same franchise that cut Manning less than two weeks ago. Back then, though, Elway had warned the Colts that he simply would not play for them. But they drafted him nevertheless and ended up trading him to Denver. And now, another Colts-to Broncos history repeater…

Being a Miami Dolphins fan, I was disappointed that they failed to sign Peyton Manning. I thought he would have been a good fit for this talented team that needs an offensive leader. I was further disappointed when their other prospect, Green Bay’s backup quarterback Matt Flynn, decided to join the Seattle Seahawks instead of coming to the Dolphins. Now Miami is left wondering why they can’t seem to close the deal with their prospects.

Now that Peyton Manning is slated to become Denver’s starting quarterback next season, I would be very surprised were Tim Tebow to remain with the franchise. I think he’ll probably be traded, but to where? Please, oh please let it not be to the Miami Dolphins! I don't think that they have a clue about how to effectively use him...

No comments:

Post a Comment