Thursday, March 22, 2012

NCAA Sweet Sixteen: My Preferences and Rankings

Seeing that this is the morning of another day of tournament competition, I think that if I want to make my preferences and predictions for the "Sweet Sixteen" colleges remaining in play for the NCAA basketball championship, I had better do it now, before the fact. Instead of filling out a bracket, though, I will list the teams I want to win the most, with my personal ranking of each team's real excellence level in parentheses. Here goes...

1 Florida (7)
2 North Carolina (6)
3 North Carolina State (12)
4 Louisville (4)
5 Indiana (14)
6 Baylor (9)
7 Xavier (15)
8 Ohio State (8)
9 Cincinnati (13)
10 Ohio (16)
11 Wisconsin (10)
12 Michigan State (5)
13 Marquette (11)
14 Kansas (3)
15 Syracuse (2)
16 Kentucky (1)

As you should be able to see, my prospects for a happy tournament ending are bleak, with my three least favorite teams also happening to the three BEST teams. Still, Florida is currently playing their best basketball of the year. And if ANYONE manages to beat Kentucky during the tournament, I'll regard that as a personal victory of sorts. But don't count on it: they are, in my opinion, head and shoulders above the rest of the field...

No comments:

Post a Comment