Now that March is here, I suppose it's time for me to pump up some enthusiasm for college basketball. After all, it is now conference playoff time and many teams across the country are vying for the dwindling spots open for the vaunted NCAA Tournament. The University of Florida is pretty much guaranteed a spot, regardless how they do in Friday's SEC tourney game. They haven't done too well lately, though, which had partially to do with the season-ending injury to their able sophomore guard Will Yeguete. Still, that doesn't explain the team's incredibly poor shooting performances in recent games. If they want to go far in either the SEC or NCAA tournaments, they had better get that part of their game together.
Last night there were a couple of games on ESPN in minor conferences: VCU vs Drexel and Gonzaga vs St. Mary's. Sorry, I haven't quite gotten my enthusiasm high enough to care in the slightest about these games, which by what I saw were pretty competitive. But maybe I just need to wait a week or so...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment