Sunday, March 25, 2012

NCAA Hoops Down to Final Four

This year's edition of the NCAA men's basketball championship tournament has come down to the Final Four stage. The sixteen teams good enough to make it that far have gone through twelve games over the past four days. In my article written on the morning of 3/22, I ranked the teams in two ways: (1) by which ones I liked the most (or least), and (2) by how good I thought they were. As for the games just played, in the "Happiness" category" (1), I went 7-5. In the "I'm-a-Smart-Ass" category (2), I went 10-2, once again exemplifying what I have been told by others in my past: I'm too smart for my own happiness!

There are three games left and then a new champion will replace last year's, which was of course... (do you remember?)...oh yeah, Connecticut. The teams left are Kansas, Louisville, Ohio State, and favored Kentucky. If things go the way I WANT, Louisville will beat Kentucky, Ohio State will beat Kansas, and then Louisville will beat Ohio State for the national championship. The way I THINK it will go down, though, sadly looks to be completely different: Kentucky beats Louisville, Kansas beats Ohio State, and Kentucky beats Kansas for the title. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment