Monday, March 26, 2012

Early Evening Sky Spectacle Returns

Looking out upon the west early in the evening, I see once again a spectacle involving the moon, Jupiter, and Venus. Only this time it is Venus above Jupiter, still very beautiful to behold. And now, looking toward the east, I see Saturn as well.

I wonder how many people even look up in the evening sky, and then, of those who do, how many know or even care about what they see...

1 comment:

  1. When I was in 9th grade my bed was situated so that a sliver of eastern sky was visible from where my head was normally positioned. For a few months that year, Venus would rise about an hour before dawn twilight began, and it was so bright it would wake me up. It was kind of like being gently awakened by a friend, an ancient ethereal friend.

    ReplyDelete