Monday, February 27, 2012

Rainy Weather Lately

The weather here in north central Florida is worth noting: we're going on three straight days of very rainy weather. The cumulative rainfall is starting to saturate the ground to the point where it may not be advisable to park one's vehicle on the grass. Maybe some other spot, even the street, may be more advisable, at least until the waters abate.

As far as I am concerned, the rain is an obstacle to my running...at least outdoors running (I can always resort to the treadmill). Not that I mind being rained on that much: it's the wet road surface that I really want to avoid, especially those sections along the roadside where the water mixes with oil and grease from parked cars and aggravates the danger of slipping and falling. So even when it stops this constant raining early in the afternoon (although right now it seems as if that will never happen), I'll still be wary about running on the streets. But maybe after a while the rainwater will drain off the streets to the point where I'll feel safe enough running down them again.

Ultimately, though, it will help my running (and my breathing, too) if this much-needed rainfall soaks the ground enough to help forestall forest fires in the near future. So to that extent I welcome the nasty weather around me...

No comments:

Post a Comment