Lately it has been a little more difficult a task for me to sit down and write a blog article. I haven't been in a very philosophical state lately, and such thinking often leads me to an interesting (for me) topic to write about. My running, which is often the subject of articles, has become rather uneventful and routine. Musically, I listen pretty much to the same acts on my mp3 player (although there is a "new" group that I have begun to focus on; more about that in a later article). The news has been uncooperative as well, especially on the domestic political front, with Rick Santorum becoming the favorite of pious, self-righteous, and (I suspect) largely hypocritical right wing evangelical voters with his advocacy of government intrusion and judgement regarding individual citizens' sexual behavior and reproductive choices. And with sports, hockey is terminally boring, pro basketball angers me with its prima donna self-important superstars, and college basketball is mired in the yawn-inspiring regular season, still a few weeks away from the traditionally exciting March Madness of the NCAA Tournament. And I steer away from gossip and intensely personal topics. Leaving the weather to talk about, I suppose...
So maybe I'll focus on the unseasonably warm weather around here. But that can get to be a bore, too. Now please excuse me while I go get another cup of coffee to keep me awake through all this ennui...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment