I have decided to do an about-face with my immediate half-marathon plans. Instead of running around my neighborhood and its surroundings on my own for 13.1 miles on Saturday (12/31), I am entering the DeLeon Springs Half-Marathon for Sunday morning, New Years Day. Although this will entail a bit of a drive (DeLeon Springs is a few miles from Daytona Beach in western Volusia County), I will enjoy the benefit of having the preceding night off from work. So, I will be able to rest up some before heading off to run this event.
Although doing this ends the idea of running a half-marathon each calendar month, I am instead running in a public race. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun, assuming, of course, that it doesn't rain. Then again, that might turn out to be fun, too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment