Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Ten Mile Run Today

Anticipating my possible entry in a local half-marathon (13.1 miles) race ten days from now, I decided to step up my running distance today. Well, not initially...my calf muscles felt a little sore from the 8.5 mile treadmill run Monday and I thought that just covering 7 miles would be a good result. But as my run today progressed, I did not feel as if 7 would be enough! So, I kept running until I reached 10 miles and then called it a day. My running time was 1 hr 31 m 46 s, typical of my usual pace.

The weather was crucial in allowing me to finally get back up to 10 miles after several months. Temperatures ranged from 64 degrees at the start to 72 at the end. Likewise, the humidity went from 64% to 57%. As long as it stays like this, I won't have any need to use the treadmill.

As I am writing and publishing this, I have just finished my run a little less than an hour ago. Ultimately, I will judge the success of this run not only by how I did during it, but also how my recovery went. So it will be interesting to see how it goes for the next few hours. Tomorrow I plan to run, but for a mile or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment