Saturday, November 26, 2011

Entering Jax Half-Marathon in December

This year, starting with my recent Tom Walker Memorial race, I decided to try and run in a half-marathon race each month, from November to February. November's race is behind me, January will have me entering the Ocala Half-Marathon, February I'll enter the FivePoints Half-Marathon in Gainesville, and December...what about December, anyway?

Owing to my work situation (December is the busiest month of the year at the post office, with plenty of overtime to deal with), I can't exactly plan on going anywhere far from home to run a half-marathon race. And since I won't be able to get Saturdays off for the duration of the month, I am limited to Sunday races relatively close to home. So after looking at my options, I have decided to run in the December 18th Jacksonville Bank Half-Marathon. It isn't too far away, and although I will have worked the night before, I don't anticipate having to stay late at work on Saturday.

Still, I will be facing a bit of driving after not very much sleep, and then a 13.1 mile run starting early in the morning. And who knows what the weather will be like...

Well, nobody said it would always be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment