My running and overall fitness activities have slowed down considerably over the past month as I have had to deal with personal medical/health issues. The running has been sporadic, with low distances (shown in miles):
8-17: 5.00
8-25: 0.67
8-26: 0.67
8-28: 1.34
8-30: 1.08
9-01: 2.87
9-07: 4.10
9-08: 2.87
Over the next few weeks, I'll be working at increasing both the frequency and distance of my runs. I still have hopes of running in this November's Tom Walker Memorial Half-Marathon and other ensuing half-marathon events. But I'll first need to build up my endurance again, something that depends in large part on the weather and a larger part on my overall health. Speaking of the weather, this summer may have been one of the most severely hot and humid that I have ever experienced. But as far as the heat is concerned, even though I'm complaining about the conditions here in northern Florida, I know how much worse it was in other parts of the country, especially in areas unaccustomed to extreme heat. Fortunately, the last couple of days here have seen more moderate temperatures, something that I have been taking advantage of with my outdoor workouts.
The swimming part of my fitness workouts has virtually disappeared, and it is difficult for me to get back into the pool. I got frustrated over the summer at how crowded the YMCA pool was, with school out and swimming classes going on there. The number of available lanes was often reduced to only three, and frankly I never felt confident of being able to find a place in the pool to swim once I got there. At least now, school's back in session and in the morning on weekdays I should be able to find a place there to swim...at least when the water aerobics "bouncers" aren't clogging up the pool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment