Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My MP3 Playlist

As long as I am into making lists of songs, I might as well list the songs I listen regularly to on my "favorites" playlist on my MP3 player. On it are the usual suspects: Radiohead, Regina Spektor, Sufjan Stevens, Nirvana, Metric, MGMT, Spoon, and a not-so-new act that I just recently discovered: DeVotchka. DeVotchka's current indie/alternative hit 100 Other Lovers is currently my favorite song of the year, along with Radiohead's These Are My Twisted Words. By the way, I just heard Radiohead's new album The King of Limbs. I like all of the songs, but I was mistaken in an earlier article I wrote, believing then that Twisted Words would be one of the tracks. It isn't, and Radiohead's new album only has eight songs. But I'll take it!

Here's my playlist, in the order that I hear the songs:

These Are My Twisted Words by Radiohead
Merchants of Soul by Spoon
Faust Arp by Radiohead
Morning Bell (Kid A version) by Radiohead
I Might Be Wrong by Radiohead
In Limbo by Radiohead
Go to Sleep by Radiohead
Sail to the Moon by Radiohead
Scentless Apprentice by Nirvana
Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens
Better by Regina Spektor
Reckoner by Radiohead
Morning Bell (Amnesiac version) by Radiohead
20 Years of Snow by Regina Spektor
Idioteque by Radiohead
Time to Pretend by MGMT
Man of a Thousand Faces by Regina Spektor
Detroit, Lift Up Your Weary Head by Sufjan Stevens
Us by Regina Spektor
Dumb by Nirvana
Calculation (Theme) by Metric
100 Other Lovers by DeVotchka

Why not try listening to some of these and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment