This entire past summer, throughout my training runs, I have listened to my mp3 player, with it on "shuffle" mode and programmed for one artist: Regina Spektor. I have heard every one of her songs she did on her five albums so many times that I probably don't really need my mp3 any more to hear them: they play themselves quite well in my head. Well, I do love her music but perhaps I need to mix things up a bit.
So I decided to create a larger group of my favorite musical acts to shuffle during my future runs. And which acts will those be, you're probably asking. Well, I won't keep you in suspense any longer. They are Regina Spektor, Sufjan Stevens, Radiohead, Metric, Beck, The New Pornographers, and Neko Case. Neko Case, by the way, is my current favorite country artist and is also a prominent singer in the New Pornographers, a Vancouver-based independent/alternative band.
I finally decided to do this after one day changing things up and shuffling through my Radiohead collection during a nine-mile run. What mysterious, eerie, and beautiful music! But Regina, your music is still Number One for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment