The road work in front of my house is driving me crazy. They have had signs out for the past two weeks (after they tore off all of the pavement) prohibiting residents from parking along what is left of the road in front of their homes. This week, the large, loud construction vehicles have come around and started their "work" in the morning while closing sections of the road I need access to in order to get to and from my house. Day after day, I hear and see workers and vehicles loudly going back and forth down my street, as if they are actually DOING something. But then, when they leave for the day, I go out and survey their progress. And the street is still as bad as ever, weeks after this all began!
I decided that I would just get up early in the morning and drive my car around the block to a "no road work" zone and park it, just in the event that my street was being paved over and closed to traffic when I had to leave for work or another reason. Today I did that, later walked over to my car and drove off, only to encounter other road work going on in my new alternate route, with the road broken up even more than on my home street. There's no way to avoid it, apparently.
I wonder if the street in front of my house will ever be repaved.
I decided that I would just get up early in the morning and drive my car around the block to a "no road work" zone and park it, just in the event that my street was being paved over and closed to traffic when I had to leave for work or another reason. Today I did that, later walked over to my car and drove off, only to encounter other road work going on in my new alternate route, with the road broken up even more than on my home street. There's no way to avoid it, apparently.
I wonder if the street in front of my house will ever be repaved.
No comments:
Post a Comment