Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blackberry, Road Travel

I got a Blackberry the other day. It is fun to be able to have access to the Internet wherever I go. I'm thinking of trying out a little experiment with it over the next few days: submit all of my blog articles through Blackberry instead of my home computer. The reason is simple: I will be doing some road travelling into the middle of next week, so my daily "homebody" routine will be temporarily interrupted. Should be a little tedious typing on the little Blackberry keyboard, but otherwise this should be an interesting experience.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, good luck with that. I suppose if you just make short-ish entries with plain text and no layout, it won't be bad. I format my posts with HTML, and it'd be a real PitA to do that on the BlackBerry.

    I have actually made a few posts, over the years, from the BlackBerry. They were each just a brief paragraph or two.

    Do you plan to do it by sending the posts as email, or by typing them on the blogger web page? I did the latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I am (currently) typing this response directly from my Blackberry keyboard. Takes a little getting used to, but I am picking up some speed. But I may just wait until I'm back home in front of my desktop before submitting any new articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I absolutely love about the BlackBerry with respect to blogger is being able to moderate comments anywhere, at any time. So when I'm away, comments don't have to wait ’til I get back to get posted.

    ReplyDelete