The only football left in the "2009" season is in the National Football League playoffs. From 32 teams, we are now left with four: Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, and New Orleans Saints. My preseason prediction of Baltimore beating Minnesota in the Super Bowl proved wrong this past weekend, with the Ravens making numerous mistakes (including dropping crucial easy passes) in their decisive loss to the Colts, who I guess decided that they actually do want to play football after their shameful decision to forfeit to the Jets in their fifteenth game by putting in the second-string lineup in a close third quarter. But lo and behold, here come the Jets again, and with a vengeance, having dismantled the favored San Diego Chargers. Indianapolis and New York will play their rematch next week with the winner (hopefully the Jets) going to the Super Bowl. In the other conference championship game to be played, Minnesota is pitted against New Orleans. I will be rooting for future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre's underdog Vikings in this one.
But does it really matter who goes on to win the Super Bowl? I suppose it does if your team is one of those still left. But in the long run, I probably will forget who won this year's championship three or four years down the line. Still, it's fun to pick out a team and root for it, even if I make that decision based on a coin flip or by whose mascot I like the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment